The Wall Street Journal yesterday had an article (requires subscription) on Disney’s new CEO, Robert Iger. In a sidebar, they list his 5 tips for managing creativity:
- Don’t take a hierarchical approach
- Don’t create an approval process that’s unduly rigorous
- Be careful not to water down or lose people’s passion
- Let those directly in charge make decisions
- Put the spotlight on the company, not the individual
I am sure they meant innovation rather creativity…but one way or the other – great advice!