OMMA Magazine this week has an interesting article (requires registration – which is free) summarizing recent industry studies and projections and reviewing the future of online advertising with industry experts.
Here they are:
- 71% of U.S. Bloggers feel advertising on blogs is ok (according to BlogKits)
- 66.7% have clicked on ads (according to Blogads)
- 22% of business respondents planned to offer a new blog within the next six months (according to a CMO Magazine survey)
- 23.2% of respondents had used blogs to learn about products and services they were considering buying (according to a recent Taylor Nelson Softres study
- 93.7% of those found them helpful in making purchase decisions (Dell are you listening?)
The article is chock-full of great information. If online advertising is anywhere in your job description, it is definitely worth the read.