Webpronews reports an interesting CRM agency Proximity blog survey done in Germany with 2,700 people (here – via AMA). The purpose of the survey, according to AMA, was to uncover “customers’ perceptions about marketing/business blogs and the influence these types of blogs can have on the brand/company”. Results:
- 91% of the blog readers expect a fast and appropriate reaction to questions and comments in enterprise blogs.
- 90% think it’s important to make a clear difference between commercial and non-commercial content.
- Of the blog readers, 54% form their opinions about products/companies on the basis of blogs.
- 51% of the blog readers visit product and/or corporate sites as a results of reading blogs.
- 58% of the blog readers, read them to find news and information they can’t find otherwise.
- 57% of them are interested in the personal opinions of the authors, but only 43% are interested in the discussions.
Considering the very different nature of blogging in Germany I am not sure how well these numbers translate into other markets.